The hottest days of the year are ahead of us and Plovdiv is already famous far and wide as one of the hottest cities in the country. Many of the residents and the guests of the city choose to cool off during the summer heat in the outdoor pools. The guide of Plovdiv lostinplovdiv.com gets more and more inquiries about places where one can enjoy the sun in a pleasant atmosphere. Precisely because of this the best tourist guide under the hills presents to you few places where you can have fun no matter the temperatures.
1. Neptune swimming complex - it is functioning since 2000 and is one of the most visited pools in the city and in the region. There are three pools on its territory – an Olympic size pool – 50m/20m, a small pool – 25m/12.5m and a pool with an unusual shape which is 800 sq. m. The complex also has a Cocktail bar and a snack bar with drinks and food. There’s no children’s pool.
Address: 1 Nikola Vaptsarov Blvd
Work time: from 9 am to 9 pm every day
Price: 4 – 6 lv, lounge chair – 2 lv
2. Hotel SPS has an outdoor swimming pool with a free access during the summer months.
Address: Plovdiv, Trakia district, бул. Освобождение 3 Osvobozhdenie Blvd
Work time: 9 am – 10 pm
3. Aqua Park Saint Petersburg - A unique Aqua Park with a summer garden, five attractive swimming pools including a small Olympic one,connected with water .cascades and effects, waterfalls, fountains and caves. It has a water bar, four outdoor cocktail bars, among which a bar which looks like an old Spanish galley. All possible amenities for the visitors are offered here as well as lots of fun and night fiestas.
Address: 97 Bulgaria Blvd
Work time: 9 am – 7 pm
If you visit during the period between 9 am and 10 pm:
Entrance is 5 lv for adults
If you visit after 10 am:
Entrance is 10 lv for adults
For children up to 3 years of age: free of charge
For children up to 10 years of age: 5 lv
The price includes a lounge chair until the quantity is exhausted.
4. The outside pool of Complex Ostrova is the place where everybody would forget about their hectic everyday life. Located in Otdih i Kultura Park right next to the Rowing channel, the pool offers a unique combination between nature and quietness in the otherwise intense urban dynamic environment. Only 10 minutes away from the city center by car, you are going to find yourself in a relaxing atmosphere. Hotel “Ostrova” has an outdoor pool (12.5/25 m) and a children’s area (4/4 m). There is a pool bar available, which is right next to the pool.
Work time: 9 am – 6:45 pm
Price: Adult - 10 lv, children up to 12 years of age - 5 lv
5. Aquapark "Aqualand" – Attraction water park with tons of entertainment – this is Aqualand. You are going to find entertainment for all the family here. Extreme slides and emotions. Children’s laughter and fun. For the first time in Bulgaria, only in Aqualand: KING COBRA – one of the most extreme slides in the world which won multiple awards and medals. The height from which you go down is 19 meters and the maximum speed you shoot yourself towards the predatory cobra is 70 km/h. The only slide which allows races with this kind of speed. Providing a whole new level of extremity King Cobra is ready to swallow you!
17 slides and 7 pools are going to make your day unforgettable. The distinct children’s pool is going to make even the youngest happy. There are also distinct fast food areas in the park which are going to satisfy all your requirements.
Address: Plovdiv, Trakia district, next to apartment building 36
Work time: 9 am – 3 pm
Price: For visitors taller than 110 cm from Monday till Friday – 20 lv, Saturday and Sunday – 35 lv. For visitors shorter than 110 cm – free of charge.
6. Sports Center Ramada Trimontium Plovdiv is going to offer you good conditions for sport and relaxation. There are sauna, fitness center and massage studio available for the guests. There are various classes such as yoga, aerobics, water aerobics and swimming lessons for children and adults with a professional instructor. The outdoor pool measuring 22 x 12 meters is a great place for recreation and relaxation during the hot summer days. Next to it there are a Jacuzzi and a children’s pool. It is open to visitors during the summer season.
Address: 2 Captain Raycho St
7. Colibri Pool Bar - from this year, minutes away from the city, there is now a place to escape and immerse yourself in the tempting coolness of a large 22 - meter pool or relax for a moment in a spacious Jacuzzi. At the Colibri pool bar among the colorful tropical palm trees and the shadow thrown by the bamboo umbrellas, one can’t help but get carried away at least for a while to some island.
Address: Okolovrasten Put, 2 km away from Komatevo, direction Sofia